Fully/Mission Capable

A general board for all introductions, chat, or other conversations.

Moderators: smarterthanyou, Founder

Forum rules
REGISTER FOR ACTIVATION ON THE SITE FOR FULL ACCESS TO ALL OTHER TOPICS AND SUBJECTS THAT ARE HIDDEN TO GUESTS WITHOUT REGISTRATION. THANK YOU.

Fully/Mission Capable

Postby jabigelow » 14 Mar 2016, 13:30

So this topic was brought up in my office today, and I started doing research. Is there anyone out there that knows the difference between Fully Mission Capable and Mission Capable in any 10 Manual? It sounds stupid, I know.

Before I get the, "Yeah, Fully=100%.", I'd like to say, thanks boss, already been down that road. When I say difference, I mean is there any order, or M/S/T "I" that says the difference.

Backstory: Reviewing a 10 Manual for ITV (2320 OR B) in the PO, and question was asked about fully/mission capable equipment. I gave the answer above "fully=100%" and I went on to say that mission capable would simply mean that it was still capable of carrying out its intended mission.

Any help on any type of publication or clarification would be greatly appreciated.
jabigelow

Re: Fully/Mission Capable

Postby MGunz T » 23 Mar 2016, 22:50

Never heard that term used... We should be referring to Operational, Operational degraded (operational with maint actions required), or non operational. If memory serves me correct the ITV manuals are all COTS manufacturer publications with their terms.

Give'm hell and make them use our terms!
MGunz T

Return to General