M353 SMALL INNER TUBES

Moderator: Founder

M353 SMALL INNER TUBES

Postby M3529T » 21 Sep 2011, 12:51

MT COMMUNITY,
I NEED THE NSN FOR THE INNER TUBE ON THE FRONT (SMALL) TIRES ON THE M353 TRAILER. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
SEMPER FI
Last edited by M3529T on 30 Nov 2012, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
M3529T

Re: Engine overheating M1123A2 (new engine)

Postby WRECKERMAN » 21 Sep 2011, 14:10

It almost sounds to me like you have a head gasket problem or maybe even a cracked head. It would suck since it is a new rebuilt engine but i think this could be the cause. It is possible that you are losing some compression that is going into a water jacket and pressurizing the cooling system. I blew a head gasket on my POV and was having similiar problems. I replaced my thermostat and some other things just to find out it was a blown head gasket. The truck still ran ok most of the times but every now and then it would heat up really fast and then cool back down. it pressurized the cooling system so much that it broke the lid to my surge tank. I don't think it will do that on a HMMWV engine but if you have replaced all of those parts and it sounds like the cooling system is ok then that might be where you should turn next. Please re post when you figure out the problem. How hot is it getting? How long does it take to heat up?
WRECKERMAN
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby MarineOL3529 » 22 Sep 2011, 03:33

I would have to aggree with WreckerMan.... Have you used the Coolant pressure tester to see if the Cooling System will hold pressure. if there is a crack in one of the water jackets or a blown head gasket then it will fail the pressure test very quickly... Also i qwould check both the Engine oil for coolant residue and the Coolant for Engine oil as these are sure signs of Major engine falure. Second to that can you feel the coolant running through the system... if the whole radiator is not getting warm then you might have a cloged radiator that is building up system pressure.
MarineOL3529
Know it All
Know it All

Postby Petz » 07 May 2012, 06:25

old as dirt post but check the vent lines going into the surge tank, if some silicon or gunk builds up there then the air that builds up in the upper radiator or the crossover won't purge and the engine will over heat.

You can fix this by blowing the lines out and using a coat hanger (wire) to punk the holes out in the surge tank.

This can be caused by not using distilled water (in areas that have hard water and other minerals in the tap water). Or if you have the silicon issue it's from excessive silicon used for a water pump replacement (you should use a gasket).
Petz
It's Already Fixed

Postby Sgt Seubert » 24 Sep 2012, 13:23

also sounds like who ever rebuilt this engine may not have paid attention and put the intake manifold gaskets in wrong. there should be a block off plate incorporated with the intake manifold gaskets, they go on the rear most ports on the heads. easy test is pull the top hose off and see if coolant comes out of the water neck for the thermostat housing. this is one of those many different conditions can cause it to do this. all good comments from the mech's, just hoping to add something to the mix
Sgt Seubert

Return to Engine