Horn

Moderator: Founder

Horn

Postby SgtCathers » 17 Sep 2015, 19:25

So we rotate accounts and the last unit that had this account decided to butcher the horn wiring on a truck. We replaced the column the button and all that jazz just because it was beyond corroded. So on the 52 chassis the horn has 3 wires 26a 26b and 26c which runs to the frame of the truck and connects via a diode. Someone cut the harness and put a connector where this diode is and connected it to the horn trying to "fix" it I guess. Now electrical systems are not my strong suit. Does anyone know how to make this horn go beep without this diode there? it seems the only way to get it is to order a whole body wiring harness.... not what I want to do.
SgtCathers
It's Already Fixed

Re: Horn

Postby SUPERMOD » 18 Sep 2015, 06:40

I wouldn't deal with a whole new harness for a horn. I would just do a side by side job. rip off some of the same components from a harness that is getting junked and mirror another truck... seems to me all horns are the same: complete the circuit and it goes beep.
SuperMod
3521/0411/0916

"IF YOU DONT LIVE FOR SOMETHING, YOU DIE FOR NOTHING"
SUPERMOD
Site Founder
Site Founder

Re: Horn

Postby Chaotic » 23 Sep 2015, 06:52

I agree... I would encourage everyone to take a quick overview class on electrical... its gonna come up and if you cant understand basic.. you are screwed.. I am definitely not strong in electrical... diodes.. well they work like check valves.. one way only.. almost like a fuse.. but more like a check valve... seems if there is a diode there.. its trying to not backfeed any voltage back... haven't worked on a horn since caveman days.. so no idea.. bro... have fun with electrical nightmares..
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
---
3529/3524/3522/3521/0411/0431 and your basic rifleman....
Chaotic
It's Already Fixed

Return to Electrical