UURI/AA Letter???

Moderator: Founder

Re: Special Tool

Postby 4U2NV » 05 Apr 2015, 03:39

Does anyone have a good example of the UURI/AA letter? it would be greatly appreciated if you could post it on here. TIA.
BEAT IT TO FIT, WELD IT TO HOLD, PAINT IT TO MATCH
4U2NV
Walking TM
Walking TM

UURI/AA Letter???

Postby SUPERMOD » 10 Apr 2015, 09:14

Looking for an example.
SuperMod
3521/0411/0916

"IF YOU DONT LIVE FOR SOMETHING, YOU DIE FOR NOTHING"
SUPERMOD
Site Founder
Site Founder

Re: UURI/AA Letter???

Postby MeyerMW » 20 Apr 2015, 08:40

I have mine, but give me a few days, FSMAO is on deck. I will see what the inspector says and give you it once its either good or updated.
I am no longer in the USMC. I am now in the Army as a 91A - Abrams Mech.
MeyerMW
Walking TM
Walking TM

Postby Petz » 05 May 2015, 08:28

Enclosed are examples for you to work off of. The formating is very clean so be sure not to change it up too much if you don't know what you're doing. When in doubt read the Correspondance manuals (navy and Marine Corps).

The Ops UURI enclosure is what you would use if your CO isn't worried about costs and you want to build an SL-3. Make sure to update the Note with the current TM you're using. Everything can be copy/pasted from your digital TM into this document.

The Armory example is the enclosure you'd want to use if your CO wants to see the cost of adding or subtracting SL-3 from his account. There are formulas in place here and all you need to do is update the $U/P and the total on hand and the rest will populate to give the CO a breakdown his decision has on his property records.

The Letter is based on a basic request for assigning a qty to As Required (AR) items, it shows each SL-3 you've reviewed as references as well as having a statement in the body of the letter that states "...anything not listed in the enclosures will be assigned a qty of zero." to cover your butt if you forgot to add something to the enclosure. The comments in the Garrison Special Tools paragraph is directly from the MCO 4400.150 so don't modify that too much.

The endorsements are needed in order for your MMO and CO to review/approve in accordance with the Correspondance manuals. Make sure the Endorsement line is correctly reflecting your UURI letter. You can get that information from the correspondance manual if you aren't sure.

PM me if you have any questions.
Attachments
UURI Parts List Ops.xlsx
Ops example of the UURI enclosure
(17.43 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
First Endorsement Letter.docx
First endorsement/MMO
(51.93 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
Second Endorsement Letter.docx
Second endorsement/approval letter
(51.98 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
UURI Authorization letter (20150415).docx
UURI Authorization example
(53.15 KiB) Downloaded 651 times
UURI Parts List (NEW FORMAT).xlsx
a Armory example with $ values in it
(35.72 KiB) Downloaded 644 times
Petz
It's Already Fixed

Postby SgtCathers » 16 Dec 2015, 17:04

Just finished my UURI enclosure, here's what I made up, just another example. Also, don't forget about the UURI clarification that came out. Big thing is we used to have AR items listed as 0 if we did not want to hold them. Now you just leave them off.
Attachments
UURI Clarification to MCO 4400.150.pdf
(40.01 KiB) Downloaded 571 times
UURI Enclosure.xlsx
(17.19 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
SgtCathers
It's Already Fixed

Return to Inventory Control (tool room)