SGT JACK T CAMPBELL

Moderator: Founder

SGT JACK T CAMPBELL

Postby jack.t.campbell83 » 20 Sep 2012, 09:59

Good Morning Motor T War Dogs,

Been a member of this site for about a year, I just recently started to utilize it. I&I Duty out of Anchorage Alaska. Previous station was 2nd Maint Bn on Camp Lejeune.

Been on I&I duty going on 2 years now. Our unit is stationed on a joint base with Army and Air Force. Since I've been here I've seem some wild stuff. -30 degrees does some interesting things to your Trucks. IE: Freezes your coolant if not mixed properly, causing your truck to overheat, freezes you Hawker batteries, and will crack a canvas in a heart beat if any pressure is applied.

We also have snowmobiles and SUSVs. We train our reservists during the winter skijoring. Skijoring is putting the Marines on ski's, hooking up a rope to the SUSV or snowmobile, and TOWING 5-10 Marines while they are on ski's. Gets pretty interesting.

A couple cool items we have are ESBAR heaters. The Army uses them to preheat their HMMWVs' engines in the winter.They are sort of like the swingfire heaters, but not quite. We are currently installing them on our trucks when the collateral duties don't get in the way. We also have a Fisher Snow plow attached to one of our HMMWV's to plow our lot out in the winter.

Anyway, I got to say this forum has saved me alot of time looking for pertinent info, and it is greatly appreciated. Great Community!
Motorvate
jack.t.campbell83
Newb
Newb

Re: SGT JACK T CAMPBELL

Postby SUPERMOD » 21 Sep 2012, 10:37

Thanks a bunch for checking in! When cold weather questions come up, I am assuming you are the man to go to. We appreciate your participation and as always, recommend sharing the site and continued participation. A post away keeps me at bay...haha.

semper kill
SuperMod
3521/0411/0916

"IF YOU DONT LIVE FOR SOMETHING, YOU DIE FOR NOTHING"
SUPERMOD
Site Founder
Site Founder

Re: SGT JACK T CAMPBELL

Postby SUPERMOD » 21 Sep 2012, 10:39

and btw, your avatar picture is awesome!
SuperMod
3521/0411/0916

"IF YOU DONT LIVE FOR SOMETHING, YOU DIE FOR NOTHING"
SUPERMOD
Site Founder
Site Founder

Return to Introductions (New to the site? Introduce yourself here)