Tow Bar Accountability

Moderators: smarterthanyou, Founder

Tow Bar Accountability

Postby eloy08 » 26 Feb 2015, 13:51

So my question is where does a HMMWV towbar get listed for approval, UURI, AAL, or Special Tools??? I could not find it on the SL-3 where it says where it should be listed....For MTVR tow bars, they are able to be listed as AAL. Another question is if I only want to maintain a certain number of MTVR/HMMWV towbars, not one for each vehicle, where or what kind of letter should that be listed on??? (i.e. 10 MTVRs/HMMWVs but only want to maintain 2 towbars) Any tips are greatly appriciated, thanks!
eloy08

Re: Tow Bar Accountability

Postby Chaotic » 26 Feb 2015, 20:28

funny you should ask..
tow bars should be listed within your com 10/12 UURI...and i think those towbars are no longer ordered.. so if you have them.. attach them to the com10/12.. i also heard you have to child them... to a vehicle.. let me get back to you on that.. my unit is currently getting fsmao'ed ..i will find out for sure..
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
---
3529/3524/3522/3521/0411/0431 and your basic rifleman....
Chaotic
It's Already Fixed

Postby eloy08 » 27 Feb 2015, 15:27

Alright cool. By any chance would you happen to know where it states that it should be added to the common no. 10??? Yea, I was also told the MTVR tow bars need to be childs to a vehicle but I don't know about the HMMWV tow bars if they do too. My unit is getting a FSMAO assist visit in end of May and my CWO is in everything wanting us to correct everything within a few months. Well this info helps out alot ill start with adding the HMMWV tow bars on to my Common no. 10 as UURI, appriciate the help and hope to hear from your FSMAO inspection on this issue and more.
eloy08

Postby SgtCathers » 28 Apr 2015, 17:52

We're having this discussion right now for OPS. We had them on our Garrison Pecuilar but that doesn't seem right to me since we'd take tow bars with us if we deployed. We're currently in the process of moving them to our Local CMR since they are not TAMCN items. The mediuim duty which are for the 7-ton are childed to the vehicle and go on your CMR.
SgtCathers
It's Already Fixed

Return to HMMWV