CALIBRATIONS

Moderators: smarterthanyou, Founder

Forum rules
IF THERE IS A PUBLICATION THAT YOU DO NOT SEE AND FEEL NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THIS FORUM, PLEASE LET THE MODERATOR KNOW SO THAT HE CAN ADD IT FOR YOU

CALIBRATIONS

Postby MGySgtMaj Larry » 10 Nov 2017, 16:03

Greetings leaders retired and active,
So we are inducting our calibration items into the ARMY's TMDE program, and was wondering if anyone could point me to the right direction on the matter of useful resources or any links that could assist myself and whomever takes over once I leave here, what are some actions I can take to make sure the items people bring in need calibrations, other than having to search up each item in FEDLOG? what are there some publication sites I can utilize? I have the mceits I search to often as well as logway, I've been scrounging through the TMDE publications I've been able to get my hands, as well as going through the SL-3 extracts for gear, but if there are any more links that aren't listed on or accessible through the links provided through the Marines.mil website. If there is anything that you could shed some light on I would greatly appreciate the assistance you could provide, thank you!
MGySgtMaj Larry
Newb
Newb

Re: CALIBRATIONS

Postby SUPERMOD » 13 Nov 2017, 03:35

It seems like you are way ahead in researching everything you can and getting ahead of the entire process. Are all your Cal items in GCSS already?
SuperMod
3521/0411/0916

"IF YOU DONT LIVE FOR SOMETHING, YOU DIE FOR NOTHING"
SUPERMOD
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby MGySgtMaj Larry » 14 Nov 2017, 11:13

Mine yes, I'm just dealing with gear that I've never come across before like com gear, as well as gear being inducted to us that aren't input to GCSS, most of the gear that I do come across that is in GCSS, weren't configured right by the owning unit, as well as leave out needed SL-3 to calibrate said items.
MGySgtMaj Larry
Newb
Newb

Postby SUPERMOD » 16 Nov 2017, 06:06

it sounds like you need to "start over." as horrible as that sounds, putting everything into the system the right way will save you leaps and bounds in the future.
SuperMod
3521/0411/0916

"IF YOU DONT LIVE FOR SOMETHING, YOU DIE FOR NOTHING"
SUPERMOD
Site Founder
Site Founder

Return to PUBLICATIONS