MK36 Overal Wiring Schematics

Moderators: smarterthanyou, Founder

Forum rules
IF THERE IS A PUBLICATION THAT YOU DO NOT SEE AND FEEL NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THIS FORUM, PLEASE LET THE MODERATOR KNOW SO THAT HE CAN ADD IT FOR YOU

MK36 Overal Wiring Schematics

Postby jwhiteiii » 19 Jul 2012, 19:43

Dear Thirty-five 21,

I've been a mechanic for over 30 years. As a retired Marine, I am having a hard time trying to figure out why I am still finding so many errors in the IETM. I am using the IETM EMS-2 version 2.8.2.6 and I'm looking at the schematics for the suspension on an MK36 sheet 2. Looking at C150 pin 5, wire 1338 is supposed to be coming from the Manual Auto switch C210 pin C. When in fact, it is going to C151 pin 5 which is connected to C243 pin 35 not 36 as the schematic says. When working on the suspension of the 36 and the 31, many of the test you do will fail because many of the wires the IETM tells you to use go to the other end where you are making your continuity checks from. Test fails, the IETM says order a wiring harness. After my third test fail, I started to physically trace the wires and found several other problems with the schematics. Look at the height sensors, Pins 1, 2, and 3 NOT. They are actually 1, 4, and 5. Maybe I'm just old school, but while I do like many of the features of the IETM, I really would like an overal schematic to trace electrical bugs.

Can someone do a NAVMC10772, and ask for the overall schematics???

Joe White
GySgt Retired USMC
Okinawa Japan
Joseph White
GySgt USMC Retired
Okinawa Japan
jwhiteiii
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Re: MK36 Overal Wiring Schematics

Postby motortuh4 » 20 Jul 2012, 05:03

I completely agree with everything you just said. You can use the schematics on IETMs, they just dont always match up either. There are wiring diagrams in the IETMs though. They will even show you flow of power and ground through the system you are looking at. It's under diagrams.
"Death can take me if I can't be free I'm not like you I'M A DYING BREED"
Five Finger Death Punch
"War Is the Answer"

Sgt Vigneault
8th comm BN MT Plt
motortuh4
Gear Wrench
Gear Wrench

Re: MK36 Overal Wiring Schematics

Postby dhightowerIII » 09 Mar 2015, 12:09

Went to a course recently with MARCORSYSCOM for the MK36 and they gave us full schematics for the MTVR. Hit me up with your email and I will shoot it to ya.
dhightowerIII
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Return to PUBLICATIONS