Need help for Special Tools List

Moderators: smarterthanyou, Founder

Forum rules
IF THERE IS A PUBLICATION THAT YOU DO NOT SEE AND FEEL NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THIS FORUM, PLEASE LET THE MODERATOR KNOW SO THAT HE CAN ADD IT FOR YOU

Need help for Special Tools List

Postby TJSMALL12 » 17 Jan 2013, 11:47

Could anyone post a drafted special tools list. I have never had to put one together so any help on this issue would be appriciated.
TJSMALL12

Re: Need help for Special Tools List

Postby SUPERMOD » 17 Jan 2013, 12:08

hey bud, i used to have one at my old shop. look up SSgt Inness, Clint in the GAL and shoot him an email. I know he has them. Just say you know me. Unfortunately he is back from "baby leave" on monday... so he wont get back to you until then.
SuperMod
3521/0411/0916

"IF YOU DONT LIVE FOR SOMETHING, YOU DIE FOR NOTHING"
SUPERMOD
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby trucker2674 » 12 Sep 2013, 08:13

I would suggest talking with your MMO clerks. they should have a basic outline of how they want the spreadsheet to look so they can send it up the chain of command for approval. The letter itself is a basic Naval Format letter from you to the CO the only real difference is the enclosures you add to it with all your tool listings. Also just some advise you do not need multiple athorization letters for the tool room(special, garrison pecular, UURI/AAL) you can draft one letter that contains all of those sections. But again it will ultimately be up to MMO. If you need anymore clarification please let me know I am currently the tool room NCO for my unit and I also had to rebuild everything from scratch.
trucker2674
Newb
Newb

Postby Chaotic » 13 Sep 2013, 08:56

do a search on this within these forums... your "Special Tools" will just respark the old conversation... there is Orders and Directives n this topic... there is an huge thread on this topic..
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
---
3529/3524/3522/3521/0411/0431 and your basic rifleman....
Chaotic
It's Already Fixed

Postby SgtCathers » 18 Sep 2013, 16:12

Just want to let you know that during our last FSMAO inspection we didn't necessarily get hit on it, but it was recommended that most of the items that we had on our "special" tools list weren't really special and should be instead put ona Garrison Property Letter.
SgtCathers
It's Already Fixed

Postby LVSR 2010 » 07 Mar 2014, 18:04

You should not have to make a special tools list. What tool kit are you needing a list for?
LVSR 2010
Gear Wrench
Gear Wrench

Return to PUBLICATIONS