Common 10 and Common 30 identical tools

Moderators: smarterthanyou, Founder

Forum rules
IF THERE IS A PUBLICATION THAT YOU DO NOT SEE AND FEEL NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THIS FORUM, PLEASE LET THE MODERATOR KNOW SO THAT HE CAN ADD IT FOR YOU

Common 10 and Common 30 identical tools

Postby DevilDolphin1775 » 29 Sep 2015, 13:22

What's going on, everyone

I'm tool room for my shop. What my shop is trying to do right now is WIR our Common 30. Also what we're trying to do is take tools from the 30, and make them SL-3 to the 10 (since we are requesting cannibalization.). Has anyone done this before? Does anyone know which tools are common to both kits? If anyone has done this before, a copy of your list would be much appreciated and save me some busy work.

Semper
DevilDolphin1775
Newb
Newb

Re: Common 10 and Common 30 identical tools

Postby SUPERMOD » 30 Sep 2015, 08:55

again, I am not the authority on the matter but it has always been my understanding that what you put on your inventory sheets is what you are inspected on. let me contact a FSMAO inspector on this subject to get some clear guidance brother.
SuperMod
3521/0411/0916

"IF YOU DONT LIVE FOR SOMETHING, YOU DIE FOR NOTHING"
SUPERMOD
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Chaotic » 02 Oct 2015, 06:43

that is cannibalization.. you have to get authority from HHQ .. i.e when you request WIR instructions you will be let know if you can take tools and add them to a GARR PECULIAR or SL3 to a COM 10/12.. you cant just take the tools without a receipt back from WIR dispo instructions.. when you get DRMO instructions.. that is basically authorizing you to take what is needed.. WIR instructions might come back and tell you to fill it all.. order it all .. so that they can transfer it to a deficient unit.. or send it back to a reset program.. before anything .. get WIR instructions .. WIR is a request to remove it from YOUR records.. it will go somewhere else.. DRMO.. another unit.. or they might tell you to suck it up and keep it..
the nice to have might not always be the good idea..
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
---
3529/3524/3522/3521/0411/0431 and your basic rifleman....
Chaotic
It's Already Fixed

Postby SUPERMOD » 02 Oct 2015, 07:31

^^Great info. thank you.
SuperMod
3521/0411/0916

"IF YOU DONT LIVE FOR SOMETHING, YOU DIE FOR NOTHING"
SUPERMOD
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Petz » 05 Oct 2015, 12:50

I like how Chaotic put it.

WIR is primarily for damaged or obsolete gear (65% of cost, or direction from a Fielding Plan (FP) that says it's obsolete). For damaged gear it will generally be coded H or have a Letter of Unservicable Property (LUP) letter from your Corrosion Prevention and Control (CPAC) programs; Corrosion Repair Facility (CRF), or Corrosion Service Team (CST). If you have a FP telling you to get rid of the gear, follow the instructions AFTER communicating with your MSC level MT section. They will give you amplifying guidance on the timelines you should expect your new gear to be delivered or if you should hold off because the gear has been held up by HHQ(i.e. AAMPS fielding).

WER is excess gear that you no longer rate due to a change of your Table of Equipment (T/E) or perhaps you saw sitting on your lot that no one was accounting for (This happens more often that I'd like to admit). This gear is generally coded A/B and SL-3 complete.

I seperate these two types of processes because they have two different processes in GCSS-MC. Please ensure you follow the correct procedures.

I want to point out that the NEW MCO 4400.150 does not allow for you to maintain any tools that are not on your T/E.
Petz
It's Already Fixed

Return to PUBLICATIONS