LVS B Kit and Old HMMWV B Kit?

Moderators: smarterthanyou, Founder

Forum rules
IF THERE IS A PUBLICATION THAT YOU DO NOT SEE AND FEEL NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THIS FORUM, PLEASE LET THE MODERATOR KNOW SO THAT HE CAN ADD IT FOR YOU

LVS B Kit and Old HMMWV B Kit?

Postby DevilDolphin1775 » 10 Nov 2015, 10:07

Good morning,

At the present moment, I am sending a few pieces of gear to DRMO/WIR. Two of those items are an LVS B Kit (We have no LVS's anymore) and an old HMMWV B Kit (We have requisitioned the newer one that comes in a Pelican case, the old one is that black metal toolbox). Does anyone know any orders I can reference for justification for the WIR request? Much appreciated.
DevilDolphin1775
Newb
Newb

Re: LVS B Kit and Old HMMWV B Kit?

Postby Petz » 10 Nov 2015, 17:04

There aren't any orders for these kits. The HMMWV B-kit was not DRMO'd during the fielding of the "new" kits. You should just be getting the case with the foam inserts as all the items are the same from the old kit to the new except the kits are serialized now by LOGCOM.

To answer your question just state the LVS B-kit is obsolete as justification. As for your HMMWV B-kit you should hold off until you get the new one then just do a WER as excess gear instead of WIR for obsolete/damaged since it's not really obsolete.
Petz
It's Already Fixed

Postby DevilDolphin1775 » 12 Nov 2015, 14:43

Thank you. Supply was telling me I was going to need to reference a directive for why I was getting rid of both. But we have already received that new kit. I will run it up saying it's extra.
DevilDolphin1775
Newb
Newb

Postby Chaotic » 23 Nov 2015, 15:59

excess isn't the word.. it is obsolete...if the kit is on your CMR .. then it needs disbo instruction.. look in the UM to submit the disbo instructions..
if not.. just DRMO it and keep the 1348 .. signed and stamped from DRMO..

new kit has new tools and the old tools will not fit inside the pelican foam inserts..
plus it has that cool aafes kit.. who uses that???
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
---
3529/3524/3522/3521/0411/0431 and your basic rifleman....
Chaotic
It's Already Fixed

Postby Petz » 23 Aug 2016, 18:33

Chaotic, The old tools are supposed to go in (I had to have a case shipped out to me) and if they don't fit then someone did something wrong years ago. I ordered them $5000 each, and never used them... I mean, who keeps those things plugged in in garrison anyhow?

DevilDolphin1775, you just need to show them the CMR that you don't rate it anymore. You might be able to find the DP for the MTVR/LVSR kits but I doubt it. Sometimes Supply overthinks things and you have to convince them they are wrong. Common sense approach to maintenance doesn't mean Supply has to use it. Semper Fidelis.
Petz
It's Already Fixed

Return to PUBLICATIONS