Camp Pen Operaters stamp

Moderators: smarterthanyou, Founder

Forum rules
REGISTER FOR ACTIVATION ON THE SITE FOR FULL ACCESS TO ALL OTHER TOPICS AND SUBJECTS THAT ARE HIDDEN TO GUESTS WITHOUT REGISTRATION. THANK YOU.

Camp Pen Operaters stamp

Postby CRC » 16 Feb 2012, 13:25

Does anyone know what the base order or what directs operators of Tactical Motor vehicles to get a Camp Pendelton "STAMP" on there license before operating gear. I am on I&I duty and we are suppose to be doing a field op there and this "Stamp" is really putting a hinderance on our plans.
CRC
Know it All
Know it All

Re: Camp Pen Operaters stamp

Postby WRECKERMAN » 16 Feb 2012, 17:28

CRC wrote:Does anyone know what the base order or what directs operators of Tactical Motor vehicles to get a Camp Pendelton "STAMP" on there license before operating gear. I am on I&I duty and we are suppose to be doing a field op there and this "Stamp" is really putting a hinderance on our plans.

It is actually a California Validation (CAL VAL) stamp that they need to get. It is nothing more than a written test given to non California licensed tactical vehicle operators to familiarize them with California driving rules and regulations. So basically, if they do not have a California Drivers License they take the test. I had a couple of Battery's come out for AT last year to train with us on Pendleton so i spoke to some licensing folks down on the base. They told me that if they were not going to drive off of base not to worry about it. This year i have them coming again but they will be driving gear from our HTC to Camp Pen so i will end up having to issue the Cal Val test to them prior to AT. I am currently in training but once i get back to my shop i will see if i have the test and i will also post a phone number to division licensing on Camp Pen. It is always good to double check, but i believe the info i have posted is accurate. Please let us know if this cleared anything up or if you find out any new information.
WRECKERMAN
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby CRC » 22 Feb 2012, 08:16

I have been in contact with MLG and Division Licensing but no one can give me the order or anything on paper that requres the stamp. The RSU barracks says there is no such thing but all the licensing departments say that there is. MY I-I just wants to see it in writting before we waste 2 days of our training schedule getting the drivers this stamp for a 2 week evolution. Thanks for any help
CRC
Know it All
Know it All

Postby CRC » 22 Feb 2012, 08:30

Also I am a Licensing Official can i give this test? and have my Licensing Officer sign off on it?
CRC
Know it All
Know it All

Postby WRECKERMAN » 22 Feb 2012, 12:35

Ok so lets see if we can come to a conclusion on this. I spoke with division licensing again.......and this order is what they gave me. If you look at it you will see a bunch of stuff on california validation. However look at the date on this order. I will post the new order which has much less on the california validation.
Attachments
DivO P11240.32G MOTOR TRANSPORT SOP 1st Marine Division.pdf
(3 MiB) Downloaded 239 times
WRECKERMAN
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby WRECKERMAN » 22 Feb 2012, 12:46

I really believe that the licensing office down there really doesn't know the anwser to the question. In one manual it says that all operators checking into division must get the stamp. In the newer manual it only talks about dispatch ensuring operators have the stamp but does not say anything about it in the licensing process. I think that they have been doing it for so long that it is just something they do for Marines getting licensed down there. The newer order refers to the licensing manual vice giving instructions on licensing. I would do some reading in both of these and show them to your I-I. We had our AT down there last year and had some run ins with road masters and not one asked about a Cal Val Stamp. They are also supposed to fax me a copy of the test they give and if they do i will post that as well. If for whatever reason you guys decide to get your drivers the stamp.......you as the licensing examiner can administer the test and your licensing officer can sign off on it. It is nothing more than a red stamp saying CAL VAL. Hope this info helps.
Attachments
DivO P11240.32H MOTOR TRANSPORT SOP.pdf
(2.94 MiB) Downloaded 325 times
WRECKERMAN
Site Founder
Site Founder

Return to OPERATIONS