Incidental Driver Requirements

Moderators: smarterthanyou, Founder

Forum rules
REGISTER FOR ACTIVATION ON THE SITE FOR FULL ACCESS TO ALL OTHER TOPICS AND SUBJECTS THAT ARE HIDDEN TO GUESTS WITHOUT REGISTRATION. THANK YOU.

Incidental Driver Requirements

Postby SUPERMOD » 10 May 2016, 08:54

I was wondering do you know if there is a certain amount of miles new incidental drivers have to drive to get lic.? I know MARADMIN 289/11 was canceled and also the new Lic. TM came out, but I do not see anything in the new TM or any order on miles required. Could you point me in the right direction in this?
Thanks..
SuperMod
3521/0411/0916

"IF YOU DONT LIVE FOR SOMETHING, YOU DIE FOR NOTHING"
SUPERMOD
Site Founder
Site Founder

Re: Incidental Driver Requirements

Postby USMC3529 » 10 May 2016, 22:09

No mileage requirements set forth in the order (MCO 11240.118). States that when the individual is confident and ready (in a nut shell), to be evaluated IAW TM 11240-15/3G.
Pre-reqs: Command endorsement (completion of NAVMC 10964 to block 17)
Civilian driver license (Valid)
Height (59-75")
DIC (under 26)
NDR check
Medical qualified
Training (Training of military tactical wheeled vehicle operators is a key aspect of maintaining mission readiness. Commanders are responsible for operator development
through the application of skill progression training programs. License applicant training requirements, by vehicle type or category, are identified in TM 11240-
15/3G).
Evaluation (Licensing authorities are responsible for the final evaluation of an applicant prior to issuance of the operator license).
Never allow a Marine's ghost to say he died because YOU failed to train him.
USMC3529
Know it All
Know it All

Return to OPERATIONS