MAJOR DPR Issues!!!

Moderators: smarterthanyou, Founder

MAJOR DPR Issues!!!

Postby SFHackney » 06 Jul 2012, 04:27

Alright, the MMO and MIMMS clerk that I am deployed with are both fairly new to their MOS. Ive been getting manually generated "DPRs" in excel format that are completely "hand-generated" and its driving me crazy. Only after I mentioned that the courier file needs to be sent up to the MMO and/or MISCO daily did they start submitting our daily courier. Still for some reason We are not getting an official DPR. I remember (back from aug08 - aug09 when filled the billet of a MIMMS clerk) that there was a website that I could go to and do a search of my RUC number and it would pull up my whole battalion/squadron DPR and I would copy the info for my section, and it was always current. I only did this when my MMO was gone but i know its there, and cant seem to find this website anywhere. Neither my MIMMS clerk or MMO know what im talking about and dont seem to think an official DPR is very important so if theres anyone out there that could help me out that would be awesome! Thanks in advance
SFHackney
Newb
Newb

Re: MAJOR DPR Issues!!!

Postby SUPERMOD » 06 Jul 2012, 06:32

So for starters, you are not on GCSS? That is a plus.

I believe the site you are talking about is MERIT, and though it doesn't pull up actual DPR's, it does look up all your units maintenance info and will tell you what you have open, closed, working etc. But what is more important than that, is two silly 0411's that do not think seeing the DPR is significant. Let's try to get you on board with that because they obviously do not know what they are doing or talking about.

First off, you need to get an FTP account (which runs through WRQ Reflection). If you do not know what I am talking about, talk to your supply clerks and SNCO's at supply as they use the same program to pull the DASF and all those other supply reports. If you can not get this account set up, then just ask supply to pull your reports. Go to the same program they use to pull their reports, but instead of openning up the supply folder there should be a mimms folder, inside that look up reports, find your RUC and boom, you are in the money.

I know a lot of this sounds foreign right now, but trust me, someone there knows how to pull your reports, and it is as important as you feel it is. Good luck, let me know if you need help.
SuperMod
3521/0411/0916

"IF YOU DONT LIVE FOR SOMETHING, YOU DIE FOR NOTHING"
SUPERMOD
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby SFHackney » 06 Jul 2012, 23:07

Haha yea no GCSS here,
Ive been in the Marine Corps Reserve for three years (four years active before that) and im sure it will be another three before MarForRes picks up GCSS but I dont mind. I heard nothing but complains about it.

Anyways I did re activiate my MERIT acct and ive used that to keep my supply on their toes and im sure they wont mind checking to see if they can pull my reports. I am also definately going to get an FTP account, I know ive never had one before. Then I can show these 0411s how to do it.

I have found my units maintenance readiness on MERIT, that site has a lot of info! I was using it just to check status on DOC numbers. First thing monday morning I am going to start this FTP account. I will definately follow up and let you know how everything is going. Thanks a million Supermod.... one last thing, how the hell do you know all this?

Sgt Hackney
SFHackney
Newb
Newb

Postby SUPERMOD » 08 Jul 2012, 19:43

haha... I just have been in the right places at the right times, with good leadership. I am I&I staff for a reserve unit in California (and we are on GCSS!!! so watch out for that when you get back), I am a 3521 and an 0411 secondary, so I have had my run around with the MIMMS game. I actually am like a child now without a toy since GCSS took over. I pretty much just got frustrated one day with having to wait for other people to give me the information I needed, so I set out to be able to access and get any report, document, program, and pretty much anything I want without having to go to any other section for it. It got to the point where other maintenance sections were coming to me for supply questions too, since I downloaded all their reports in the morning also so I didn't have to ask them anything. It makes life a lot simpler when a maintainer is in charge of everything. I think it is because we actually care about the work being done, since we are the ones doing it. Everyone else is just going through the numbers. They don't care if you get the parts in time to fix that truck, you know? There are some good ones out there, and a few of them are actually on this site, along with a few 0411's, but for the most part I believe if you want it done right, do it yourself. (or ask SSgt Inness, he knows some serious info) Glad to help, and will always be here. Good luck with your upcoming battles.

Supermod
SuperMod
3521/0411/0916

"IF YOU DONT LIVE FOR SOMETHING, YOU DIE FOR NOTHING"
SUPERMOD
Site Founder
Site Founder

Return to MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT