Authorization Letters

Moderator: Founder

Authorization Letters

Postby usmc199419 » 08 Feb 2014, 14:37

Does anyone have a template I can have for Garrison Peculiar, UURI, and Special Tools Authorization letter.
usmc199419
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Re: Authorization Letters

Postby Petz » 16 Jul 2015, 12:01

Do you still have a need for this?

Formats will always be in standard Naval Document (SND) format. To: CO, From: You, Via: MMO. The letter needs to reference the SL-3s that have AR quantities and any other document that authorizes you to maintain a gear set. If you are directed to maintain another unit's tool set you need to reference that Memorandum of Agreement that both COs signed. Then you need the enclosures that list the items with the requested quantities instead of "AR".

In your request letter to the CO make sure you include a statement that says something to the effect "All items with the quantity of AR that are not included in the enclosure(s) will be assigned the quantity of zero." This will protect you against an oversight, or SL-3/TM changes that you may have missed. It's also a time saver regarding the Common 10 and 12 where all the tools are AR.

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction.
Petz
It's Already Fixed

Re: Authorization Letters

Postby MeyerMW » 29 Jul 2015, 13:34

I have templates that I used for my FSMAO inspection this past April (2015). If anyone needs them, hit me up on GAL. The way I have my letters; is an Authorization letter and with enclosure(s), this way the CO can intial each page on the enclosure. This makes it abit easier for TM updates threw out the year and per the requirements. Just before you print and hand them to your MMO/CO, read over and make any changes/updates!
I am no longer in the USMC. I am now in the Army as a 91A - Abrams Mech.
MeyerMW
Walking TM
Walking TM

Return to Policy letters/authorizations/templates