FSMAO tips

Moderator: Founder

FSMAO tips

Postby SgtCathers » 31 Jul 2013, 17:51

We just recently got FSMAO'd back in May just wanted to share a few things that we got hit on.

Tool Room:
In our toolroom we had a dewalt set and other things on our special tools list. It wasn't really a hit but the way the Master Sergeant explained it there was nothing special about the tools that were on there and that they should be on a Garrison Property Letter instead.

Also, for the toolroom on the inventories, he said nothing should be in pencil except the remarks. Anything missing should be in pen. That brought up the question as to if a tool comes in the same month it went missing. He said just to annotate it on the next month as complete.

GCSS:
On GCSS, the biggest hit we got that wasn't very often was flow of maintenance. Make sure you go through each step when you're doing a service request. As in don't just jump from ins prgs to rpr comp.

Another hit was ordering of parts. Lets say you have 12 and 05 parts that need to be ordered. You need a seperate task for each parts request. This is how you set the priorities when ordering.

For calibration items make sure your CAL is attaching the cal cert to the service request when you pick up.

Also, ensure that everything that used to go into the 696D like modifications/coolant changes/engine swaps all that is annotated in the installed base.

This is the only major things I can think of that we got hit on, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
SgtCathers
It's Already Fixed

Re: FSMAO tips

Postby Petz » 27 Aug 2013, 17:43

Yeah, that pencil on the inventories is from the TM-4700-15! It's troublesome, but easy to fix if caught before an inspection.

MSgt Elliot put it well when he inspected me last year, It's a snapshot in time. Once you identify it move on with the ordering process and record that in pencil!
Petz
It's Already Fixed

Postby mendoza0204 » 21 Oct 2013, 23:24

Petz wrote:Yeah, that pencil on the inventories is from the TM-4700-15! It's troublesome, but easy to fix if caught before an inspection.

MSgt Elliot put it well when he inspected me last year, It's a snapshot in time. Once you identify it move on with the ordering process and record that in pencil!

so ...... you have to record anything Missing or Incomplete or Unserviceable in Pen now.... in terms i can understand..l ol
mendoza0204

Postby SgtCathers » 30 Mar 2016, 00:08

Yup, only remarks are in pencil. Also, be mindful of the legend at the bottom of your SL-3 checklist. Some of them have checkmarks and some have C's for complete and so on..... they'll hit you.... tricksy inspectors...
SgtCathers
It's Already Fixed

Return to MOTOR T