It's My Turn

Moderator: Founder

It's My Turn

Postby motortuh4 » 14 Apr 2011, 14:00

Well, I figure its my turn to introduce myself. Names Cpl Vigneault, and I'm currently on Lejeune. Been in Motor T for about 4 years now and had a lot of good NCO's and SNCO's to learn from over the years. I was sent to explore this site by my SSGT, to try to find an answer about a truck and I have been hooked ever since. If you have any questions about Pubs, I am pretty good with them. Learned quick when you I got thrown into a billet as a LCpl. I am also very good with troubleshooting electrical systems. I'm not tooting my own horn here, but I love Motor T. Plan to stay here for my duration of my career. Any questions or comments feel free. Thanks.
"Death can take me if I can't be free I'm not like you I'M A DYING BREED"
Five Finger Death Punch
"War Is the Answer"

Sgt Vigneault
8th comm BN MT Plt
motortuh4
Gear Wrench
Gear Wrench

Re: It's My Turn

Postby Petz » 24 Feb 2012, 08:27

Here's a fun one then, what causes a 7ton to not start but have the back-up alarm go off in the run position and not the cranking position?

Edit: also you should give credit to five finger death punch for your quote there...
Petz
It's Already Fixed

Postby motortuh4 » 28 Feb 2012, 10:58

Well played with the 5FDP referance. Most people don't know it.

With the MTVR. with a crazy issue like mixed signals, it's usually a VIM or back feed off the dash harness. I had a similar issue with a AMK28 fresh off armor upgrade. got it back a week later it wouldnt start and the dash was making every alarm and light go off. After 5 days of tracing wires, it was the VIM. Another possibility is the TCU. If it's back feeding off a burnt diode in the ECU itself then it could cause the neutral safety switch to prevent from going into neutral. Does the shift selector have "cat eyes"? If so it may be a transmission issue.

Lemme know if you get it. I'm curious now.
"Death can take me if I can't be free I'm not like you I'M A DYING BREED"
Five Finger Death Punch
"War Is the Answer"

Sgt Vigneault
8th comm BN MT Plt
motortuh4
Gear Wrench
Gear Wrench

Postby Petz » 04 Mar 2012, 04:48

Did a in dash VIM swap with a known good and it didn't fix it. I've got it at 3d now for a bad wiring harness. I didn't think to swap the ECU or TCU... I'll let you know what 3d does to fix it.
Petz
It's Already Fixed

Return to Introductions (New to the site? Introduce yourself here)